Monday, September 24, 2007
Back in Cape Town at long last with about a zillion stories to tell! Now... where would I begin?! (Besides the fact that i am ending my long weekend at work on the PC!!!) Let me rather make a list of the exquisite little details that made this weekend unique and wonderful!
1. eating REAL custard made by a young French confectioner ... made with cream, egg yolks and crushed vanilla pods... out of a pale pink child's plastic pudding bowl with a teaspoon.
2. Diemersfontein Cabernet sipped inbetween stories exchanged amidst giggles and oohs and aahs, as we sat on the lounge floor - the early evening grey with dark spring rain.
3. Having a near-disaster with the car as we went over Sir Lowry's Pass with two over-tired kids whining in the back - but which turned out to be nothing more than a pirce of wire we were dragging on the wheel but which must've dropped off. (Phew!)
4. Sampling Earl Grey infused dark chocolate with my red wine...
5. A VERY lazy afternoon nap.
Hmmm... this could end up being a VERY long list indeed! And so, I shall say 'adios' and more tomorrow.